Photo Credit: Sarah Kathleen
Hello new friend, I’m Colleen Gregory! 2017 brings us to our 5th wedding season in San Luis Obispo, California. I graduated from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo with a BS in Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Administration, with an emphasis in Event Planning and Management. For me, my heart belongs in weddings. When I was 18 years old, my grandmother’s business partner allowed me to run our wedding venue and catering–I wasn’t allowed to tell anyone how old I was at the time. With the experience of running a venue, and being a banquet captain, I felt more than prepared to dive into wedding planning.
Relationships are the most important part of a wedding. There is so much emotion that goes into planning this special day (who knew picking out linens, invitations, signature cocktails, etc. would be so emotional?!). I love being part of that emotional day with you. I love preparing your dad for his speech–he’s always so nervous, but boy are his words going to impress you. I love how excited your mom is to make sure everything goes just perfectly (she’s waited your entire life for this, you know!)–I assure her that all of your well thought out decor will be placed exactly where it should be. I love being part of your wedding day story, and I really hope it’s a memory we can share together.
Non-business things about me:
- Polly, my 2 year old labrador, is my obsession.
- I really enjoy making people laugh.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill. There, I said it.
- Sandwiches are my favorite food. Shout out to High Street Deli.
- When I was 15, I started waitressing. I have worked at our family’s restaurant for 12 years!
- My fiancé Ryan and I are eloping to Kauai in October, after 7 years of dating! We’re getting married on Friday the 13th.
- I live on a horse ranch, in a converted horse stall. WHAT?!
- I’m part of a group called the SLO Wedding Planners, and it’s one of the best decisions I have ever made! #womenhelpingwomen, amiright!?
We proudly support EVERYONE’S choice and opportunity to get married! Let us help you create your lifetime of happiness.